$49.95 – $139.95
- Kills up to 99% of mites in one application
- Continuously released in the colony over a six-week period, ensuring healthy and productive hives
- Proven safe and effective for more than 15 years
- Leaves no significant residues in hive products*
- Convenient and easy to use
*Honey for human consumption should be removed before applying Apivar.
Do not use with honey supers on. Strips must be removed 2 weeks prior to adding honey supers, or supers must be removed prior to adding strips.
Apivar® is packaged in vacuum-sealed foil pouches. A single application of two strips per brood chamber is sufficient to treat a hive, so you spend less time and effort treating your bees, and there is less disruption of the bees than with many other treatments. Strips are not individually wrapped and must be used within 2 weeks after opening.
This is a Chemical treatment and most ideal to use in August-September for 42-56 days to help curve the Fall mite load.